There are presently no open calls for submissions.
The Klompching Gallery was established in Dumbo, Brooklyn in September 2007. Owned and operated by Debra Klomp Ching and Darren Ching, the gallery quickly established itself as a gallery with an extraordinary roster of artists from which to purchase some of the best examples of contemporary photography—with exhibition reviews in publications such as The New Yorker, Art Review, Modern Painters, New York magazine and the Wall Street Journal, as well as numerous notable cultural websites. Since its inception, the gallery has earned a solid reputation for providing informed guidance on the acquisition of contemporary fine art photography.
*** DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MAY 21, MIDNIGHT EST ***
The FRESH Annual Summer Show, now in its seventh year, is produced and presented by the gallery each summer.
- Up to FIVE photographers selected for a month-long exhibition in New York.
- TEN finalists selected and featured online.
- A printed catalogue featuring all selected exhibitors and finalists.
- Online promotion, editorial and interviews.
The five exhibiting artists, are additionally shortlisted for the RHONDA WILSON AWARD, announced as a new initiative in 2017, in honor of Rhonda Wilson MBE (1953–2014). The awardee receives the following:
- $1,000 Cash
- Guaranteed, complimentary place at the PhotoLucida Portfolio Review 2019, (does not include meals, travel and accommodation) – provided by PhotoLucida, Portland.
- 20 portfolio prints, clamshell portfolio box, shipping – provided by Genesis Imaging, London.
- 5 hours one-on-one consultancy with Debra Klomp Ching – conducted in-person or via Skype, depending upon the location of the recipient.
What is FRESH looking for? We are looking for the very best examples of new contemporary fine art photography. We're looking for single bodies of work with a consistent vision and originality — photography that is FRESH!
Reflecting how photography is understood across different platforms, FRESH thoughtfully incorporates the three elements of display, publication and dissemination: an exhibition, a printed catalogue, and an online showcase including interviews.
Additional information can be found on the gallery website HERE.